Sunday, September 18, 2011

With

I must say, the title "With" didn't make me want to read this book but I'm so glad I did! With is the name of a book by Skye Jethani and in it he points out four ways churches and Christians are in error in their attempt to follow or experience God.

The four ways are:

Life Over God
Life From God
Life For God and
Life Under God.

As I was talking with a friend about this he mentioned that it's all about balance, but the author points to the answer as life with God, which is a relationship with God.

I thought this book did a great job of mentioning the pitfalls that each of the four positions hold but I don't think that "life with God' is as clear cut as it seems. Still, an excellent book.

I was provided with this book by Thomas Nelson for free. I am not required to write a favorable review.

No comments:

Post a Comment