Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Stained Glass Hearts

Stained Glass Hearts is a book by Women of Faith speaker, Patsy Clairmont. I hadn't ever read a book by her but know several friends that are going to an upcoming Women of Faith event so I was intrigued by this book.

It's an encouraging, easy book to read in a style that is akin what you might here at a conference from a speaker. She's funny, witty, insightful and engaging as she gives hope that it is in our broken pieces that God can create something beautiful.

Much of the book she recounts her own experience. I enjoyed reading about how she was moving and all of the sudden, when she needed it the most, several people showed up to help. Strangers even. And all because the need went out on the church's twitter feed. It reminded me the value and potential social media has.

And that's just one of the stories. She has many and they are all fun to read and with a lot of wisdom in her words. I didn't like the "fluffy" style at times but I still enjoyed reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment