Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jesus is ___________.

Jesus is _________. is an interesting book, written by Judah Smith. I haven't read anything by him, so this was a first. I think that his target audience is the more younger crowd... college and twenty-somethings but the book's subject matter is for everyone. Its just that how he says it, with the humor and all the references to movies and other current media makes me think he's talking mostly to a younger group.

The book started with him saying that his was a more 'outreach' program, to get people talking and thinking about what Jesus is like. Jesus is __________. And it does get a conversation going and that can really help folks truly reflect on what their experience or ideas of Christ, perhaps trading in a negative idea for a more positive one.... because after all, Jesus is beautiful.

It's actually a pretty good book that I could really see my children enjoying and engaging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment