Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Heroes and Villains of the Bible

Heroes and Villains of the Bible is not exactly the book I expected and yet, I really enjoyed it. First, it is a children's book and my son wanted me to request it. Unfortunately, I downloaded it on my kindle as well as my laptop. On the kindle, it misses all the color and illustrations. This is a huge drawback! I recommend getting the print book if you have a black and white e-reader like I do.

This is written for 9 to 12 year olds and I was surprised by how much actual scripture is in this book! It really lets the Bible speak for itself and then it sums it up with a "hero" or "villain" snippet, such as the case of Stephen being stoned, the "moral" of the tale is: "Heroes forgive because they know they are forgiven."

If you have a child that thinks Scripture is boring, I recommend this book. It is nearly an older version of a "storybook" yet in a real Scripture translation. It is about 250 pages and recounts the lives of 50 Biblical heroes or villains of the faith. I can't wait to let my son read this, as I am sure he'll enjoy it as much as I have.

I was provided with a free copy through Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a favorable review.

No comments:

Post a Comment